To have or not to have, that is the question
Get the insurance cover that suits you
Making an insurance claim
During the tough time of any unexpected events, AAG can assist you with:
- Review your insurance policy and ensure you are entitled to claim on your current insurance policy;
- Liaise directly with the insurer and request any required paperwork;
- Liaise directly with the hospital and request any medical reports or other documents to support the claim;
- Complete claim paperwork and lodge the claim on your behalf;
- Constantly monitor the claim process and keep you informed
- Follow up with the insurer if needed;
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Income Protection?
Income protection replaces the income lost through your inability to work due to injury or sickness. There is generally a waiting period of between 15- 60 days on this insurance, depending on the level of cover and premiums paid. Income protection will only cover a maximum of 75% of your gross income for a maximum period of 2 years.
What is Trauma Cover?
Trauma provides cover if you are diagnosed with a specified illness or injury. These policies include the major illnesses or injuries that will make a significant impact on your life, such as cancer or a stroke. It is also referred to as ‘critical illness over’ or ‘recovery insurance’.
What is Total and Permanent Disability Cover (TPD)?
TPD pays a lump sum to assist with rehabilitation costs, debt repayments and future living costs if you are totally and permanently disabled. TPD is often bundled with life cover. It is important to note that TPD is usually offered in 2 definitions, ‘own’ or ‘any’. TPD ‘own’ means that you cannot work again in your usual or own occupation. TPD ‘any’ means that you cannot work in any occupation. For this reason, TPD ‘own’ cover is more expensive.
What is life / death cover?
Also known as ‘term life’ or ‘death cover’, life cover as the name suggests, pays a set amount of money when you die. This money will go to the people you nominate as beneficiaries on your policy.