ATO has outlined the new rule changes to the current JobKeeper payment scheme on its website on Friday, 14 August 2020.
More employees can qualify for the current JobKeeper payment scheme.
- New eligible employees as at 1 July 2020 can qualify for the JobKeeper Payment Scheme of existing and new eligible employers for the period from 3 August 2020 to 27 September 2020.
Full details for the 1 July 2020 employee eligibility test can be found at the ATO website.
- Existing and new eligible employers for the current JobKeeper Payment Scheme need to review their employees’ eligibility under the new 1 July 2020 eligibility test who are;
- Previously not eligible under the 1 March 2020 eligibility test; or
- Newly hired employees between 1 March 2020 to 1 July 2020.
- Employees hired or started work after 1 July 2020 will not be eligible.
- New eligible employees must not be receiving any JobKeeper payments from another employer for the JobKeeper payment fortnight on or before 2 August 2020.
- Ensure new eligible employees who meet the 1 July 2020 eligibility test complete and sign the new JobKeeper Payment nomination notice (1 July 2020), which needs to be provided to the employer by Wednesday, 19 August 2020 to enrol the employees by Friday, 21 July 2020.
Payment extension to 31 August 2020 for newly eligible employees under the 1 July 2020 eligibility test.
The ATO allowed eligible employers until Monday, 31 August 2020 to meet the wage condition for the JobKeeper payment top-up for the period 3 August 2020 to 30 August 2020 (3 JobKeeper payment fortnights for August 2020) for all new eligible employees under the new 1 July 2020 eligibility test.
New Information on long-term casual employees
If a casual employee was not an eligible employee prior to 3 August 2020, you can use the 1 July 2020 test to reassess that employee’s eligibility. The test requires that the employee be employed on a regular and systematic basis for the period 2 July 2019 to 1 July 2020. Full details on long-term casual employees are available on the ATO website.
If you have any queries or require assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.