AustAsia Real Estate has been reviewing its processes in order to take all necessary precautions in line with the guidelines issued by the various Government agencies.
We want to ensure that homes and livelihoods are protected, that we offer a safe service and we can continue to manage your property during these difficult times.
Your tenant has an obligation to pay their rent and maintain your property, and this of the utmost importance to us. We have advised the tenants of their obligations pursuant to their Lease as well.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison recently announced that as from midnight Wednesday 25 March 2020, all Open House inspection activities must cease.
Shortly after that announcement it was confirmed that private viewing appointments will still be permitted and AARE and REIWA welcome that clarification.
Although general Home Opens can’t be held until further notice, we will provide private viewings subject to the following conditions:
- All prospective tenants/buyers will have to complete and pass an AARE Health Questionnaire before we book an appointment for them to visit a property;
- All viewings will be by prior appointment only and a maximum of two prospective tenants/buyers will be allowed inside the property at any one time;
- The maximum viewing time inside the property will be restricted to 5 minutes;
- Our Agent will open all internal doors and they will wipe down all relevant internal surfaces before the arrival of the prospective tenants/buyers and again after they leave;
- Our Agent will enforce a ‘No Touch’ policy: they will instruct the prospective tenants/buyers not to touch anything in the property and to move through without delay;
- Our Agent will enforce a minimum social distancing limit of 2 metres between all parties, and
- Our Agent will wear disposable gloves and a mask and will use hand sanitiser.
Please note that REIWA has advised us to avoid entry to any property occupied by a person over the age of 65, or who may otherwise be at higher risk.
On the matter of Final Bond Inspections we further advise:
- Tenants will be told that the property must be left clean and in a sanitised state before the Final Bond Inspection can be conducted.
- Inspections must be undertaken by our Agent only, without the vacating tenant being present.
- Cleaning contractors may be in limited supply or unwilling to attend and we will deal with that situation on a case by case basis if it arises.
AustAsia Real Estate Pty Ltd, REIWA and real estate agents look forward to playing our part in minimising the risk and spread of Coronavirus within the community.