Skip to main content

What kinds of insurance cover should I hold when renting my house to tenants?

As a general rule of thumb, Landlord Insurance covers the structure of the building, including carports and garages, but tenants are responsible for insuring their own possessions.

You can purchase additional cover such as Rent Default and Loss of Rent to minimise any financial loss you may experience due to unexpected adverse tenant issues.

The terms, conditions and policy wordings vary between insurers, so we recommend that you consult a qualified insurance broker to assist you to determine the type and level of cover you require.

Please contact us on (08) 9227 6300 or for more information. We’d be happy to refer you on to our trusted contact for this type of insurance.

Powered by BetterDocs